Monday, July 30, 2012

Dreaming in Pop!

Mood: Anxiously Awaiting for my Coffee to do the damn thing!
Music: No Doubt "Hella Good"

Whooopppeeeee! Hello friends. No I didn't suddenly become too cool for school and stop writing blog posts. Or maybe I did? What had happened was, (hahaha), Life! LIFE! Life is crazy busy. And when I'm not busy, Ize ty-ud.

When I finally fell asleep last night I ended up having quite a dream. Heard of the group One Direction? They're five guys from London doing the whole boy band takes over the world - girls cry their eyes out - thing. I don't dislike them but I don't follow them really either. I have heard there current hit "What Makes You Beautiful". It's cute and catchy and I have fond memories of my cousins dancing to it. But as far as the latest issue of Tiger Beat with them on the cover, I haven't bought it yet and don't plan on it. (PS, Is Tiger Beat still out there?)

Back to my dream. I must have been a teenager. I was hanging out at my dad's church, like I did very often when I was young (not doing Bible study but being a hooligan). My sister Courtney and my childhood friend Rebecca were with me. Some how or other One Direction showed up outside the church and...well...easiest way to say this, they fell in love with us. We only talked to them through the door. By some weird miracle thingy that only happens in dreams, we suddenly had two more girlfriends with us. We couldn't get over the fact that there was 5 guys, 5 famous British guys at that, and 5 of us. (I even sleep with math on the brain.)

Please note that outside of the one dark haired member of the band, who is of course the hottest, I could not in real life pick those other cats out of a line up. So in my dream, they kind of had blurry faces. But I knew who they were.

So, in the dream, after the initial love at first sight encounter with One Direction we secretly plan to have a slumber party with them! Whaaaaat? Oooooooh (in the voice of kids teasing on a playground). Me, Courtney and Rebecca planned out the lies we would tell our moms about spending the night over each others house to watch a NKOTB special on HBO. But really we were going to be at some fancy hotel, with glass walls mind you, with One Direction.

When the guys showed up, first we just gazed at them, through glass doors, each of us looking at our respective One Directionee, like a prison visit. At some point we do actually spend time in the same room together, drinking huge glasses of white wine and doing synchronized dances. Just as my One Direction guy drops to a knee to, (get ready to tear up), PROPOSE to me, my dream perspective leaves the room and takes a huge look from the top of the hotel and I see people running all over the place.

Turns out Shaq has showed up with a camera crew to film a reality show called "BUSTED", where he catches, and interviews, kids who lied to their parents. People were running all over the hotel. Up and down stairs, in and out of corridors, like on Scooby Doo. The only person I could make out was Shaq because he was like three stories tall. He was running really fast. Suddenly I'm back inside the hotel and I'm running frantically with everyone else. I don't want to get busted. Then my son Bear runs up to me with his arms reaching for me to pick him up. I scoop up my sweet boy and run with him, knowing that Shaq is just steps away..away..away...awake. Then I am awake.

The dream is over. It's 6:30 am in real life. I am a little peeved that my One Direction boyfriend never proposed to me, but I don't have time to focus on that. The real world was waiting. I don't know what the dream meant and I don't really care to. If The Sandman chooses to send me to some alternate glass wall reality where I run from Shaq and have London boys falling in love with me, okay.

(Please note, I did Google the ages of the members of One Direction before typing this up. They are all over 18. Praise God)


No comments: