Thursday, July 5, 2012

ROAD TRIP!

Mood: Exhausted
Music : Whitney Houston - "You give good love" (I'm singing along and I sound REALLY good)

That's right. I'm exhausted and we haven't even left for our Road Trip yet. "Where are we going?", you ask excited on the edge of your seat. Cincy-frickin-nati! With a side order of Columbus. To all my homeys back in the Heights, I am anxious to share the Ohio air with you. And to my folks here in the south, if you haven't been to Ohio, you are totes missing out. (Shout out to Aimee who uses the word totes, sounds adorable while doing it, and I want to breathe in her fun loving lollipop aura!) The Buckeye State! Home of the..,well you've got your buckeyes. Then you've got your chocolate peanut butter buckeye treats. You've got your buckeye necklaces. And....everything else! Theeee (don't get it twisted) Ohio State University, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (PROM!), Skyline Chili, Out - or - In, The Round Robin, hahahaha, Coventry and of course Cleveland Heights High School! Where my Tigers at???? H.E.I.G.H.T.S!

Yeah I've got school/Ohio spirit!

My mother, who my kids call Magee, is my copilot this weekend as we drive up, in her minivan, packed with my two little munchichis, loads of snacks, toys, books and children's DVDS!

 

I filled the kids lunchboxes, which they never use but are always excited to see, with dollar store fun and yummy snacks. I envision them openings the lunchboxes, squealing with delight, playing with the toys, eating the snacks, and then sleeping for the duration of the drive.
More containers with activities and snacks. Thanks http://www.tipjunkie.com/traveling-with-kids-tips/ for other GREAT traveling tips.


I know you're thinking, "Brooke, why aren't you taking your minivan?" Well, please do believe that between Mommy and me it's always "Who gets to drive their minivan?" She won out this time. Stay tuned for future blog post entitled "My Minivan Memoirs". Until then, please enjoy the crap out of this video.



Back to the road trip. Soooo A.D.D. Like you hadn't noticed. Hahaha. Remember that one time in 7th grade when Pearl Jam...wait, I've done it again.
We head out today, late afternoonish, and will travel as far as some place in Tennessee. I think Knoxville maybe. Mommy raves about some hotel there and some salad place she can't wait to take me to. Gotta love Mommy. Then, tomorrow morning, we'll be up at the supposed crack of dawn to finish our journey until we arrive in the land of the Cincinnati Bengals! Terrell Owens here we come! 
"What do you mean nobody wants me on their team?"

Oh, what? He's not there anymore. Oh, okay. Ocho Cinco! 
"Come on Coach, let me just send out one quick tweet."

Oh, what? Really? Him too? Well who is there? Do they still have a team? Rey Mauluga? 
REY
Oh yes I know him. Oh good for him.

 My fabulous cousin Andi, who is a girl, (see the "i" instead of the "y"),  is getting married in August! Whoot Whoot! We are going to visit now for the wedding shower. My aunts are the most bad ass, awesome, intelligent, strong, Jesus loving party planners a girl could dream of. They are throwing the shower and have sent out marvelous invitations with the title "Hats at High Noon". The aunts don't play. It'll be classy and crazy fun! I've already picked up my Fascinator hat. So hip. So British. So me. 
Fascinator


I don't want to bore you out with all the details of my trip, and the surrounding details that my A.D.D wants to throw in there too. Why not? Cause I'll be blogging on the rode bitches! Yep. Me + Ipad + kids sleepin' the car (don't bank on it) = Blog City! Welcome to Blog City, population me and hopefully you too. "Won't you come with me?" - Mr. Rogers voice and odd gaze.




No comments: