Friday, June 22, 2012

Recap of my phone free drive

Mood: Eager and happy
Music:  ►Shushybye Baby(I'm really gangsta this morning. With that said, I will not be posting a G rated song also, cause, well, it's already on.)

Sooooo, yeahhhhh, about that phone free drive I promised....I did it. Well sort of. Here's what happened. After I picked up los muchachos from daycare I opted to take them to Monkey Joes. For those of you who don't know Monkey Joe's is one of those places with all the different moon bounce thingys, pizza, arcade games that print tickets and over priced soda pop. (Haha, soda pop). I have never taken the kids there and thought that SURELY they would enjoy themselves and reward me the title of Greatest Mom Everrrr! (FYI, that prize comes with hugs, kisses and endless crying free trips to Charming Charlies. I'm the one doing the crying cause I want to buy everything and can't). But to be honest, I wasn't just trying to treat my kids I was trying to get out of making dinner. The fridge contains nothing of interest at this time and the idea of going to McDonalds and watching them melt down as we have to leave the plastic playground just didn't sound appealing. So off to Monkey Joe's we went. It was about a 7 minute drive from daycare and I am proud to say I kept my hands off the cell phone and on the steering wheel the whole time. I know I know, I rock.

When I pulled in the parking lot I was beyond stoked to see only a few cars. The fewer germy snotty children, the better. As we walk the entrance of Monkey Joe's my head is saying that the kids feel like they are walking into Willy Wonka's room where everything is edible, chocolate river is drinkable and chubby German kid is laughable.  But Bear is really saying "Don't wanna bounce. Don't wanna bounce." It begins.

Bear is not much of an adventurist. Reminds me of my shy monkey bar fearing self at a young age. But c'mon, this is bounce land heaven. The highlight of the visit for the kids was eating apple sauce and pizza.

Me: Bear lets utilize my smart phone and take
pictures of you wearing an arm band to send Daddy.
Gia: Wow Mommy, thanks for spending
 all that money to bring us to this
 place with great Applesauce.
 I managed to get Gia inside of a bounce thing but she cried the whole time. What's happening here? All I wanted was to put the kids down and bounce to my heart was content. Bounce so high I reached Care Bear land. Bounce so high in my casual work clothes. Bounce so high and not worry about the fact that I wasn't playing with my smart phone. Unfortunately, there was no bouncing for me and none for my brown bunnies either.

(Looks like I am going to need to shut this post down soon. In need of some entertainment, Gia is playing with the baby wipes, they don't grow on trees.)

When we were finally headed home I had to remind myself MANY times not to play with my phone. I discovered that where smart phone once occupied red light time I'd developed new GROSS hobbies. Such as picking my nose over and over and over. I know it's nasty but I was on an archaeological dig and not coming home empty handed. You know you do it. I was also staring at my face and finding minuscule pimples for the picking. Not my sexiest moment, but, to my defense, not my nastiest moment either. You saw the Blog Name: Ex Party Girl. I 've got some stories.

In the end, we got home. It was like a 20 minute drive. Technology had been replaced with Vanity. When we arrived I was not only booger and zit free but I was free of the bondage to my smart phone...Til the key was in the door, kids were on the couch and I drifted off to my land of unrealistic goals of home DIY designs, foods, fashion and arts and crafts. Pinterest. I love you Iphone.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.